Apple initially filed a suit against HTC accusing the Taiwanese phone manufacturer of infringing 10 patents. In July, an administrative law judge at the commission ruled that HTC had infringed two of Apple's patents - 263 and 647. On Monday the ITC reversed the decision on the 263 patent and ruled that the 647 patent had been partially infringed on HTC phones running on Android 1.6 to 2.2.
The 647 patent related to technology that...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events