Hard-sell is increasingly hard to sell. Companies around the world are toning down on overt branding in content marketing, and the trend is spreading swiftly across Asia-Pacific as well.
Earlier this year, McDonald’s Hong Kong teamed up with celebrity chef Gabriel Choy and used unbranded food trucks and teaser videos to create buzz over its new burgers. Around the same time, an app listing bartenders, mixologist and trendy bars in Hong Kong surfaced the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events