Online usage jumped 26 per cent in Indonesia compared to 2009. This is mainly due to an increase of internet usage through mobile and accessing print materials online. Tier 2 cities are also leapfrogging’ from home-access to mobile internet access.
Indonesia’s tariffs and 3G expansion play a key role in the growth. Social networking usage has also reached 77 per cent, growing 19 per cent from last year.
Vietnam separately sees an increase in online news reading and gaming. 97...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events