The unfolding scandal around Dentsu’s overbilling of long-term client Toyota in terms of digital media spend has placed the industry’s problem with transparency centre-stage. That this problem had gone on undetected for around five years, and may affect more than 100 clients, is baffling to outsiders but sadly familiar to those in the industry.
While the precise reasons that led to Dentsu’s mishandling of client accounts are still being determined, and may be unique...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events