Chinese consumers’ insatiable appetite for overseas goods is estimated to have brought in RMB 7.7 trillion US$1.21 trillion in cross-border ecommerce sales last year, according to the 2017 Tmall Global Annual Consumers Report jointly released by Alibaba and data-based integrated marketing platform CBNData.
The sheer scale of sales partly came from the C2C daigou marketplaces, which boomed after the 2008 infant milk scandal that triggered the trend of overseas shoppers reselling foreign...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events