While technology may be cool, marketing's future lies in a return to the basics of persuasion and promotion, co-founder of Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Sir John Hegarty told Web Summit.
My prediction is that it will come around again, like fashion. It will come around again but not be exactly the same as before, Hegarty said at the conference in Lisbon today.
Also speaking on the panel was Susan Credle, chief creative officer...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events