By its own admission, Google's announcement to review the feasibility of their business operations in China was an incredibly hard decision and comes at a time when most other international companies are seeking partnerships to enter the burgeoning Asian market.
However, since its launch four years ago, Google continues to have lower margins and higher costs in China and, unlike other markets in which it dominates, the internet giant holds just 15% share of the country's...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events