This new image has been created by the American artist Wayne Thiebaud, renowned for his paintings of everyday objects, and closely associated with the Pop art movement.
The change of logo appears to confirm Google’s official birthday as 27 September. In the past the company has acknowledged its birthday on 7 September as well.
The domain name Google.com was officially registered on 15 September 1997.
In a curious nod to the ever-evolving world of communications, a Googler...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events