Google will not allow political advertising to run across its platforms in Singapore since this would require it to submit records to authorities under the country's new 'fake news' law.
Google’s APAC VP of government affairs and public policy Ted Osius has said that while the search giant usually supports political advertising that abides by its policies, in Singapore it “will not accept advertising regulated by the Code of Practice for Transparency of Online...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events