Google this week began testing a new program called Contributor that will eliminate ads on participating sites for paying customers.
For Contributor subscribers, ads on sites such as the Onion, Mashable and Science Daily will be replaced by a thank-you message. Some ads will disappear altogether on mobile devices.
Google said it plans on sharing revenues from the program with the participating websites.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events