Google is getting so good at predicting internet users’ behaviour that it is seeing tangible reductions in the amount of data it needs to serve personalised ads.
Prabhakar Raghavan pictured, above left, senior vice-president of advertising and commerce at Google, called the amount of data that it uses to serve ads, compared with how much data Google collects about people as a whole, a tiny blob within another tiny blob.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events