Christopher Graham, The Information Commissioner, said his office was continuing its investigation into Google’s Street View project, which sent out cars to photograph residential streets.
Google, in a blog post on Friday, admitted that during the process the vehicles had mistakenly collected emails and passwords from computers on private Wi-Fi networks.
The news comes just 10 days after Google’s UK and Ireland managing director, Matt Brittin, told an audience at the AOP Digital Publishing Summit...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events