Proton has successfully launched two new marques this year - the Persona and the Saga - but the company has much to do to restore an unsightly balance sheet.
Sales suffered a 55 per cent fall last year, which led to losses of US$169 million, as aggressive marketing from Japanese rivals Toyota and Honda and domestic marque Perodua caused Proton’s market share to plunge. Sales of the Persona are reasonably healthy, with more than 5,000...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events