Status display is often seen as the primary motivator for luxury consumption in China. While there is truth in this notion, only focusing on this aspect of luxury consumption, marketers may miss out on other, richer opportunities that are emerging.
YR’s GenAsia 2014 study surveyed more than 1,000 Chinese middle class consumers on their attitudes towards luxury goods. The study identified 5 trends that marketers should consider as they try to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events