Uber has been a regular magnet for bad press in the US due to its tendentious former CEO Travis Kalanick and other self-inflicted scandals. Then, last week, The Wall Street Journal reported that Uber knowingly rented out defective Honda Vezel cars to drivers in Singapore since 2016, one of whom narrowly escaped unhurt when his vehicle caught fire in January this year.
The number of Singapore riders who found Uber's first brand...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events