For two intense weeks in September, newspapers and TV news were filled with images of panicked Asian depositors queuing outside branches of Bank of East Asia in Hong Kong, emptying their ICICI accounts in India, and frantically seeking to cash out their AIG insurance policies.
Immediate and effective communications diffused the situations, but consumers in Asia still remain jittery, while long-trusted industry brands are finding themselves uncomfortably vulnerable.
Ironically, the region’s brands...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events