At Singapore Tourism Board’s STB year-in-review, it was revealed that business travel and events raked up S$3.4bil US$2.5bil in tourism receipts last year, up 10% from the previous year. Visitor arrivals also rose 14% to 2mil.
Overall, the biggest markets last year were China, Indonesia, India, Malaysia and Japan. However, no official data was released about the biggest inbound markets for business events.
According to STB’s Jeannie Lim, executive...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events