Jiro Inao, an employee of Dentsu Aegis Network in Indonesia, committed suicide on 21 March, the company has confirmed.
Inao, a Japanese national, was 47 and had lived and worked in Indonesia on a local contract for around 20 years. He served as general manager of JKT48, an all-female pop group that is the property of Dentsu Media Indonesia. JKT48 is the Indonesian equivalent of Japan’s AKB48.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events