Dentsu has come under pressure from increased focus on costs by Toyota, which is understood to be its most important client in terms of billings, suggesting a change in dynamics for the agency following the scandals of recent years.
A July article in Sentaku, a publication that details challenges and sometimes misdeeds involving Japanese corporations, states that Toyota plans to drop Dentsu from its list of vendors in China following an incident in Shenzhen...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events