An event yesterday touting a milestone of 1 million Alipay users in Hong Kong highlights an ongoing, all-out mobile-payments marketing scramble taking place.
During the Chinese New Year festivals last month, for example, WeChatPay and Alipay spared no effort to raise their profiles by rewarding their users. A WeChat user who spent HK$25 US$3.19 or above at McDonald’s would receive a HK$10 US$1.28 rebate. Each user was...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events