The Communist Party of China appears to have code written into a propaganda app that allows it “superuser” access to all the data on the mobile phones on which it is downloaded.
Cure53, a German cybersecurity firm, conducted analysis of the code in the app and found that it enables the owners of the app to retrieve every message and photo from a user's phone, browse their contacts and internet history, and activate...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events