Key takeaways (see presentation below for graphics):
- Formerly a family's luxury item, the car is now a necessity.
- Formerly a simple transport tool, the car is now a diversified travel accessory.
- Outward benefits are now worth less than the inward value that a car represents.
- Car consumers are now driven less by rational factors and more by emotional reasons.
- The decision journey has shortened as experienced car buyers make quicker decisions.
Car buyers now pay more attention to test-drive and dealership experiences than to desk research.