China’s growth might be slowing, but with incomes still on the rise and concerns about product safety ever-present, consumers are trading up less conspicuously and fuelling the forces of premiumisation outside the luxury sector.
Used to describe the demand for better and more expensive variants of products, consumers have adopted premiumisation behaviour as they look for quality and experience above price, especially across the FMCG and household goods sectors.
Nielsen’s latest retail...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events