Marketers, though, will need to be cautious about how they use the new technology.
Google Wave is not social media. The confusion is understandable. Ever since Facebook went mainstream, there hasn’t been a popular online innovation that didn’t involve social media in some way. Social media created a brand new form of communications that was indirect but semi-private, not directed at anyone in particular, but not quite broadcasted, either.
The newness sparked...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events