The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has updated its jury guidelines to ensure the work entered does not contain negative stereotypes or inequalities.
Judges will be asked to check if the work represents deep-rooted stereotypical portrayals of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability or other biases.
It builds on the introduction in 2017 of the objectification criteria, which encouraged jury members to consider how they would feel if they were the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events