Instead, it was down to a savvy deal struck between the Singapore Tourism Board and the film's producers, who also signed similar deals with the likes of Hindustan Petroleum's Power brand, Acron Rangeela and ITC's John Player.
It was a contractual marriage between the makers of the blockbuster and the media agencies representing the brands that took the involvement of brands in movies to more than mere product placement. In Lage Raho Munnabhai, for example, real-life radio...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events