On stage at Media 360 Summit in Hong Kong, Dasgupta stressed that demographics and psychographicstwo of the most fundamental approaches to consumer marketingis no longer effective.
“Today when I’m trying to sell an organic product, I do not look at a demographic segment,” said Dasgupta. “I look at the sort of people that are being influenced by health like people that are into yoga and are taking that as a lifestyle trend.”...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events