Alibaba, Tencent and Baidu earnings calls took place last week against a backdrop of a general slowing down of the Chinese economy and an ongoing trade war with the US. Their saturation of the world’s largest domestic market means these platforms have to look to global expansion or new services for growthboth of which are costly endeavors.
In this sense they have a tougher job than their Western equivalents, something that’s driving...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events