Apple has signalled that advertising will play a greater role in its future after the tech giant narrowly missed forecast quarterly revenue targets for its strongest trading season.
The festive period is usually Apple’s strongest quarter, but sales of the latest iPhone have performed poorly compared with previous models in the device’s 12-year history.
Revenue from the iPhone the company’s main revenue stream declined 15% year on year to $51.98 billion for...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events