New Balance China has departed from its usual approach to advertising in China, but may regret silencing what was a unique voice.
The brand's ads used to teach good lessons, in an introspective, not preachy way.
Take a look at this 'Letter To My Future Self' campaign from earlier this year, telling the under-reported story of how internet comedian Papi Jiang lived a bland existence in Beijing for the past 12 years...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events