It’s an animal’s world out there for third-party hotel booking and travel related sites with TripAdvisor’s owl-eyed brand logo, Ctrip’s whale and Alibaba-owned platform Fliggy’s rather controversial flying pig. Hotels.com became another online travel agency OTA site with an animated animal sidekick when it launched a pug as its new mascot last month.
But, one might ask, why a pug out of all the species in the animal kingdom Jessica Chuang, regional marketing director,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events