The 90-second TVC by Clemenger BBDO Melbourne features all the hallmarks of a Hollywood car chase—cops and robbers, anthemic 1980s soundtrack, roadblocks—only without the car and with beer. Presumably so no one drinks and drives.
"We used some poetic license with the locations so they would match your expectations of a classic car chase," commented Ant Keogh, ECD of Clemenger BBDO Melbourne.
The spot's launch coincides with Australia's National Rugby League and Australian Football League finals series.
"At Carlton Draught, we believe that beer ads should be fun," commented Andrew Meldrum, Carlton Draught general manager of marketing. "With the 'Made From Beer' campaign we’ve always set out to remind us not to take ourselves too seriously, and we try to do it in a way that puts a smile on people’s faces."
Carlton Draught debuted its 'Made From Beer' slogan around eight years ago with "No Explanations".
In 2005, partnered with George Patterson, it produced the much-awarded Big Ad.
Beer Chase was launched with a Facebook teaser and a 60-second TVC, followed by an extended 90-second version. The media buy, handled by Mediacom, will also target movies that feature great chase scenes on both FTA and pay-TV.
• Creative Chairman: James McGrath
• Executive Creative Director: Ant Keogh
• Copywriter: Richard Williams
• Art Director: Anthony Phillips
• Executive Producer: Sonia von Bibra
• Production Company: The Sweet Shop
• Director: Steve Ayson
• Production company Executive Producer – Wilf Sweetland
• Production company Producer: Cindy Kavanagh
• Cinematographer: Greig Fraser
• Production Designer: Robbie Freed
• Offline Editor: Jack Hutchings – The Butchery
• Final Grade – Edel Rafferty – Method
• Online Editor – Nicholas Ponzoni – Fin Design & Effects
• Sound Design/Music arranger – Byron Scullin & Cornel Wilczek
• Music Supervision – Karl Richter – Level Two Music
• Music track – “Thunder in your Heart”
• Planning Director: Michael Derepas
• Planner: Sam Mackisack
• Managing Partner: Paul McMillan
• Account Director: Nick Cohen
• Account Manager: Brendan Taylor
• Chief Marketing Officer: Andy Gibson
• General Manager of Marketing: Andrew Meldrum
• Senior Brand Manager: Alastair McCausland
• Assistant Brand Manager: Kirt Daunt
• Assistant Brand Manager: Laura King
• Media Agency: Mediacom
• Group Director, Client Communications Planning: Shaun Briggs
• Director Client Communication Planning: Brett Elliot
• Client Communication Planner: Michael Bradley