Zara’s predicament in Korea is a reminder that big brands can never take success for granted. Despite much excitement around its launch in 2008, the Spanish clothing and accessories retailer has struggled in the market and was recently expelled from Lotte’s department stores.
According to AsiaOne Business, Koreans have grown disillusioned with the brand, which markets itself as trendy but cheap, as its prices in the country are 25 per cent above those in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events