YouTube has actually only launched a pilot programme, which has already attracted 30 partners, including Cars.TV, BIGSTAR Movies and National Geographic Kids. The paid channels carry subscription fees starting at US$0.99 per month. The channels all offer a 14-day free trial and discounted yearly rates. Partners can chose whether to also employ advertising in their paid channels.
A YouTube spokesperson told Campaign Asia-Pacific that these paid channels are the latest to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events