Smart young professionals sit in Starbucks cafes in the southern Chinese boomtown of Guangzhou, sipping barista-made drinks. Decked with mood lighting and smooth wooden tables, menus offer everything from Chinese New Year cakessome shaped like teddy bearsto green-tea lattes.
Starbucks is a foreign brand that has been a resounding success in China since 1999, when the company made its first foray into the Middle Kingdom, it has reached more than 2,100 stores in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events