Once a staple of any major conference, the gala dinner is now being skipped by delegates who prefer to explore the host city.
“A 3,000-delegate conference used to have a 3,000-delegate dinner,” says Oscar Cerezales, chief operating officer, Asia Pacific, MCI Group.
“Now people want to go out and see the conference destination so you might end up with an optional dinner for 500 people.
“People are getting...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events