The swelling ranks of 'single-sumers' single consumers who leave their parents’ homes to live independently, postpone marriage, choose not to get hitched at all or stay solo after divorce, are challenging Asia’s family-oriented traditions. If marketers pay attention, they have an opportunity to sway this increasing spending power towards them.
According to Euromonitor, Japan has the highest number of one-person households in Asia, followed by Australia, South Korea, Greater China and India. One-person households in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events