Update On 28 August Google officially announced that its Chrome browser will stop autoplaying Flash ads as of 1 September.
The days of the Flash ad are numbered, despite the head-in-the-sand approach that some have adopted.
This is due to several changes. However the most important one for advertisers will be the Chrome Power Saver feature. In September, Chrome will begin pausing all non-essential Flash assets, including a vast majority...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events