SINGAPORE - There was an unexpected side effect with Tencent’s launch of sponsored moments on its WeChat platform back in early 2015, which still brings a smile to Benny Ho’s face.
“One of our pioneer clients was BMW, and when users started spotting the ad on their feed, they got really excited,” recalls the senior director of business development at Tencent International Business Group. “Because our users are familiar with the fact that...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events