In the first half of 2014, Suning posted a loss of RMB749 million US$121.4 million. This plunge is in stark contrast with the net profit of $119 million it reported for the same period in 2013. According to Inside Retail, the company has also shuttered 64 new stores this year, taking its footprint down to 1,583 in mainland China, 27 in Hong Kong and 13 in Japan.
An erratic online strategy that...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events