From ridiculous iPhone’-branded handbags to innocuous soy sauces to contraband illicit medicines, China is awash with horror stories of hijacked trademarks and fake goods that range from whimsical headscratchers to the disastrous or fatal tragedies.
For most brands, the issues are not life and death, but the impact can be horrific in economic terms. The Global Intellectual Property Center, run by the US Chamber of Commerce says that China alone accounts for more than 70...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events