At this year’s Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Sir John Hegarty had the following response when asked about the role of Big Data in advertising.
It's no longer data, he groused. Now it's 'Big Data.' We've rebranded it 'Big Data,' because it's more important. Oh geez.”
Indeed, simply calling something “Big” doesn’t make it more important, valuable or relevant. But there is something important to be taken from this discussion. Regardless...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events