The company said its profits had been affected by the marketing of several new products this year, including Pampers Dry Max nappies, the Fusion ProGlide razor and white tooth-whitening strips in the Crest 3D range.
Bob McDonald, chief executive of Procter Gamble, said, Our results in fiscal 2010 were ahead of our original expectations, and we are pleased with the trend of the business.
The company recorded earnings of $2.19 bn for the quarter, compared to $2.47 bn...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events