In last year’s global blockbuster Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon, an ostensibly Chinese character, Jerry “Deep” Wang, played by American comedian Ken Jeong, barks at Shia LaBeouf “Let me finish my Shuhao milk”. The line represented a major watershed for the appearance of major Chinese brands in global popular culture. Reportedly Yili, the dairy giant that produces Shuhao products, originally wanted director Michael Bay to have popular Transformer Bumblebee drink Shuhao before “transforming”...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events