Well, I suppose it had been coming, the backlash against purpose-based’ or politicised’ advertising but I don’t think I’d have guessed that Pepsi would be the brand taking the ordure of worldwide ridicule and fury.
I’m sure that at some point, in the privacy of PepsiCo’s conference rooms, executives prided themselves on making a brave piece of work that would resonate with their consumers who time after time have shown themselves willing to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events