CHINA China’s long arm of censorship now reaches live streaming, a wildly popular phenomenon that has brands such as Xiaomi, Mondelez and Durex jumping on bandwagon to broadcast product-related videos to consumers in real time.
Earlier this month, Chinese authorities ordered the shutdown of thousands of live stream accounts which purportedly host “inappropriate content”. Starting next year, online live performance operators must apply for permits and performers are required to register their real identities....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events