Netflix will air its first mainland-originated Chinese show Day and Night after acquiring the 32-episode series from Alibaba-owned platform Youku. The move marks the first online series from Youku to be distributed overseas, at least through an above-the-board channel. The detective drama is reported to have more than 4 billion views on Youku since its premiere in August.
Netflix has been gradually adding Asian content to its library following its expansion to 130 countries in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events