The fast food chain is to increase the prices of certain products by up to 25 per cent from next month as sales fell for the 12th consecutive month. The move is designed to increase profits after McDonald's reported a 12 per cent drop in operating profit last year, according to reports in the Japanese press.
Industry analysts say part of the problem stems from the aftermath of the earthquake in 2011 when home...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events