While Alibaba intends to make an early Christmas shopping event out of its massive Singles Day shopping bonanza on November 11, social listening shows that young Chinese consumers seem as interested in New Year's Eve.
According to a Tencent QQ report on social-media trends among the Chinese 'post-95s' generation during the run-up to Double 11, the New Year's Eve holiday began showing signs of trending on QQ platforms in October, and spiked briefly...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events