Blame it on Rio. Although mainland tourists helped Macau supercede Las Vegas as the world’s largest gambling destination in 2006, frenzied punters putting odds on this year's FIFA matches diverted bets from the roulette wheel. But even after the World Cup wraps up, the prohibition against gambling promotion inside China makes it difficult to reach key consumers.
Furthermore, the bar is being continuously raised by highly competitive casino operators trying to attract visitors who have...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events